Safety Measures at Mines:
Our Mines is the one of the oldest mines in the Bellary district working since from 1960’s maintaining the below mentioned safety standards as per the Metaliferrous Mines Regulations and guide lines of Director General of Mines Safety (DGMS)
- The mine has been worked systematically and scientifically by maintaining the well graded and designed benches to ensure the bench stability and pit stability.
- The garland drains are maintained all along the length of the benches to ensure the proper flow of rain water in the garland drains enabling to maintain the benches in a good condition allowing the easy and smooth running of the mining machinery.
- The benches are maintained with adequate width and gradient to ensure the safe movement of the all vehicles used in the mines.
- The curves of the roads in the mines are of adequate radius to ensure the proper visibility of the toad to the drivers for a length of more than 30 m enabling the safe driving.
- The guards are kept at all the appropriate locations to inform the drivers about the movement of other vehicles in the mine so that the drivers can take proper steps to drive safely.
- The movement of men and machinery in the mines are planned and executed in such manner to ensure maximum safety in the mines.
- The safety instructions and safe driving practices are displayed by means of sign boards in the languages (Kannada & English ) understood by the majority of persons working in the mines, at all the appropriate places.
- The drilling, blasting and loading operations in the mines are done with the use of adequate quantity of water to prevent the liberation, propagation and accumulation of dust in the mines.
- Water tanker and sprinklers are used regularly in the roads used the men and machinery to control the dust.
- Adequate numbers of trees are planted and maintained all along the roads and other places used by the majority of the persons employed in the mine.
- All employees including the supervisions are trained regularly for improving the safety practices in the Group VT Center.